Friday, November 18, 2011

Friends 'til the end...



          I recently started (almost by accident) a collection of bracelets on my wrist.  The first one is a leather wrap bracelet from J. Crew that I never take off.  Then my Leading Man and I got matching bracelets while on a visit to Huntington Beach.  Then one of my besties came to visit me in LA, and we got matching bracelets.  For another besties birthday, I bought us matching bracelets at a quirky shop in Beverly Hills.  I realized I was starting to collect my loved ones around my wrist like I used to back in 6th grade.  Only this time, the bracelets are more meaningful, and slightly grown up.  I'm starting to really like the look of all of these bracelets piling up on my wrist.  After all, I am 3,000 miles away from most of my loved ones, and having a reminder of them right there doesn't hurt.  This past weekend, I had to toss the bracelet Leading Man and I bought in Huntington because when we were laying in bed he wrinkled his nose up, saying he smelled something terrible, realized it was my bracelet that stunk like the Jersey Turnpike, ripped the offending jewelry off of my wrist, and threw it across the room.  Apparently the material didn't respond well to being washed in the shower every day since I never took it off.  I plan on making some new freindship bracelets to give to my other loved ones, and styling them like the ones above.  I love how they're slightly more sophisticated than back in 6th grade.  So, buy some embroidery floss and some cute little beads, and get weaving! Oh, and take OFF the bracelets before you shower for the love of God, or else people will be wondering why you're suddenly the smelly kid.

1 comment: