Monday, November 28, 2011

A little humble pie in the eye.

I have something embarassing to admit to:

I reeeeeally want a fur vest.

There.  I've said it.

        Let me first defend myself  from all of you who are now judging me. (And to those of you who are like "Okay, Bitch.  I have one." I'm sorry, no offense.)  I was just like you.  I looked at fur vest wearing girls with my eyes narrowed and a face scrunched up like I was smelling fresh doo-doo.  After all, what is the purpose of a fluffy dead animal pelt on your back with no sleeves?  It's sort of like a sleeveless turtleneck; what purpose does it serve? Is your neck cold and your arms hot? I just didn't get it. (FYI, I still don't understand sleeveless turtlenecks, though admittedly, I rocked them until about 5 years back.)
        Then, while crusing through the Melrose Trading Post (a must if you've never been) on a cold and rainy Sunday with my bestie, I started trying on vintage fur coats.  I was like Goldylocks trying the porridge. In the first I was much too warm, the second I was too cold - and then I slipped my arms through a fur vest (more as a joke to get a laugh out of my bestie than anything).  And behold!  The perfect piece for a "not too hot, not too cold" feeling. I was snuggly and warm, yet didn't feel overwhelmed and sweaty from a huge coat.  After looking in the mirror, I liked it even more.
      Apparently, the girls I was laughing at were having the last laugh.  These things kick ass for SoCal winter weather.  I didn't buy said fur vest because I don't even have enough money to be breathing the air in LA these days, but plan on scooping one up ASAP.  So, try one out if you're a naysayer.  You just might fall in love.

One to drool over:


                                                         
One to actually buy so you can pay rent:



No comments:

Post a Comment