Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Maybe it's Time to Slow it All Down

So, I understand that I live in L.A. and everything: a land where it's perfectly socially acceptable to simultaneously carry on three different conversations (face to face, texting, and on the computer).  It never really even bothers me, because I look at it as a sign that everyone here is so completely insane dedicated and driven.  L.A. is a city of very hard working people.  That being said, sometimes it's time to put down the work and RELAX!

While hiking, I passed by a woman looking like this:


HIKING UPHILL / HOLDING A BOOK IN HER HAND (OPEN) / READING AND MAKING NOTES IN SAID BOOK AS SHE HIKED / WITH BLACKBERRY IN HAND HOLDING BOOK.

HIKING!!!! IN A FRIGGEN' CANYON!!!!

For fear of coming off as completely rude and ridiculous, I didn't take a photo (though she probably never would have even looked up), but damn, I wish I had, because looking back, even I'm not so sure I believe what I saw.  Are we really all so completely wound up in our careers and work, that we can't just put everything down for an hour and take some time for ourselves? 

In hindsight, I wish I had walked up to her, pried said items from her cold, bony, little manicured hands, and told her I was doing her a favor as I threw them all into the canyon. 

Slowwww it donnnnnnnn naaaaaaaa......


Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment